Welcome Home Kitchen Island
- Multi-step finish
- Hand-created distressing
- Rasping, wormholes
- Available in two finishes: molasses and weathered white
- Two doors with interior storage
- Two attached towel racks
- Two smooth-finished drawers with full-extension side guides
- Constructed of hardwood solids with cherry and birch veneers
Details & Benefits
Find In Store
Add to Wishlist
Used to reinforce joints and provide support to the piece as a whole, dowel pins are inserted into a drilled hole and secured with glue. A good dowel joint employs a fluted dowel, which prevents air pockets from forming in the glue, thus keeping the wood from splitting.
A technique that produces a beautiful timeworn look on wood furniture, distressing is done by creating wear and tear markings such as dents and bruises on the surface.
As resilient as our wood pieces can be, they still require protection and care to safeguard their timeless beauty.
- Use a clean, soft cloth with a small amount of furniture polish on it, if desired, to dust.
- To clean wood surfaces we recommend Guardsman products. Guardsman Wood Cleaner is a safe and effective product when used as directed. If using a damp cloth or sponge to clean wooden furniture, be sure to dry the surface thoroughly with a soft cloth. Prolonged exposure to moisture can damage the finish.
- Use coasters, backing or place mats between the wood surface and items to prevent scratching or warping.
- Avoid exposing wood furniture to strong sunlight or direct heat sources, which can damage your furniture.
- Your furniture should sit level on the floor to avoid undue stress or damage to doors and drawers.
Hardwood Solids & Veneers
At Havertys, we take many steps to ensure the quality and life of your furniture. These methods used on our wood pieces increase strength and durability, while offering an infinite variety of color, texture and beautiful effects.
To create a worn effect, this technique employs a shaping tool that is run along edges and corners.
Small holes are made to emulate these ravages of time by using a tool with thin rods tipped with a round metal ball.
Where is it made?
This product is made in #country#. At Havertys, our commitment to provide customers with furniture built for life begins with our suppliers. Each piece marked with the Havertys collection seal of approval is built to our high quality standards.
A finished wood product may undergo a variety of hand-created distressing processes. These techniques remove the stain or paint in certain areas creating a worn effect. Minor imperfections in the wood are applied by hand to add character to the piece.